The financial burden of living and going to college in Japan is great, and it is a matter that should not be taken lightly. In order to lessen the financial pressure, even by a small amount, we are ready to offer information on the different types of scholarships that are available. In general. there are a lot of scholarships offered between January and April, and from August to October, so please pay close attention during these periods of time.
However, each organization that offers scholarships has their own eligibility requirements and selection criteria, as well as a limited number of slots available for disbursement. Therefore, even if you meet the conditions, there is no guarantee that you will win a scholarship. For more details, please inquire directly to the Scholarship Officer of the International Center of the International Cooperation Office.
- All information on scholarships can be found on the bulletin board at the entrance of the International Center.
- Students’ eligibility to apply for scholarships is limited to those who have completed the Survey of the Living Environment for International Students that is implemented during April, or those who were present at the International Student Orientation.
- Please submit all application materials by the designated deadline.
- Many foundations use grades from the previous year as well as attendance records as one of the selection criteria. Therefore, please do your best in both of these regards.
- If you change your address, phone number, or bank account, please inform the International Center of the International Cooperation Office.
- If the appropriate offices are not informed of these changes it will be portrayed negatively when applying for scholarships.
How to Apply
Tuition will be waived for privately financed international students who meet the following conditions:
- Individuals who are unable to study due to financial reasons.
- Individuals whose Status of Residence is that of “Student.”
- Individuals who applied for a tuition waiver within the designated period.
- Individuals who attended all orientation sessions, and those who completed the Survey of the Living Environment for International Students without any problems.
- Individuals whose total scholarship payment does not exceed the tuition of the said year.
- Details on the waiver rates will be explained at the orientation in April.