In order to protect personal information, which we regard as an important asset of the individual, our university will comply with the applicable acts and ordinances in conjunction with the appropriate practice of the following six principles.
1. Express Indication of the Purpose of Use and Prohibition of Usage Outside of the Purview of that Purpose
In order to protect personal information, which we regard as an important asset of the individual, our university will comply with the applicable acts and ordinances in conjunction with appropriate practices.
2. Non-Disclosure to a Third Party
Personal information which the university retains will not be disclosed to or provided to a third party, except in the following cases:
(1) Where there is consent of the said person.
(2) Where it is in accordance to law.
(3) Under extraordinary circumstances such as when it is necessary for the protection of the individual’s life, body, or assets, and it is difficult to get consent from that individual.
3. Safe and Strict Management
We will implement measures to prevent situations such as unlawful access to personal information, loss, destruction, manipulation and leaks of information, and we will also make an effort to ensure accuracy as well as safety.
4. Appropriate Management of Subcontractors
In the case of outsourcing business operations to a subcontractor, we will conclude an agreement with the subcontractor by applying the same protection standards that are stipulated in our ordinances, and will make an effort to manage personal information appropriately.
5. Protection Management Framework
We will set chief administrators in every unit that handles personal information, and will conduct training as well as guidance for employees with regard to personal information.
We will respond to any inquiries in a reasonable time frame. Please notify units responsible for any inquiries with regard to complaints, corrections or the disclosure of personal information.
Chairman, Board of Trustees TOMOE Masao