photo:Asia University

Support for International Students


Asia UniversityInternational Center

  • 5-8 Sakai, Musashino-shi,Tokyo 180-8629 JAPAN
  • Tel: 81-422-36-3255
  • Fax: 81-422-36-4869
  • E-mail:

Visas and Residence Status

Management of International Students Residing in Japan

Issuance of a Resident Card

A Resident Card will be issued with regard to the permission for residency that encompasses the permission for landing, the permission for changes in the status of residency, and permission for renewal of the status of residency.

Issuance Method

The Card will be given to you at Narita Airport or Haneda Airport upon entering Japan. 
During the application process with regard to the issuance of a Resident Card (an Application for Permission to Renew the Period of Stay, etc.), the student will be required to submit a photo (40mm long, 30mm wide) that was taken within the last three months.

Cases that Require Application

1. When Changing Address

Take your Resident Card, and report your new address to the city office or ward office within the area where you have moved to, within 14 days from the day of moving (please verify with the city office whether or not you are also required to report a change of address to the old city or ward office).

2. Upon Losing a Resident Card

Please report the loss to the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau within 14 days.

3. When Changing Name or Nationality

Please report to the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau within 14 days.
*You must also report to the International Center and Student Center (first floor of Building 2) after the completion of the process in any of these cases.

Page Top

Page Top